Google+

Translate

08 July 2013

Random Update - The Boredom Strikes Back..(router mod/hack)

Boredom Strikes Again!

I Had a few more heatsinks spare and a fan lying around so I've gone n done it again, this time to a BT HomeHub V1.0(I think) Black

On the back of the NetGear mod here: Clicky Clicky

The Hub has the Thompson Speedtouch 7G firmware flashed onto it, so not the BT one.

This was a messy, quick, thrown together job again, just for the hell of it.

Again fan soldered directly to power jack, this router has no on/off switch so its always on while plugged into the mains.

The fan i used this time was a single 12v 0.2amp case/cpu cooling fan. found it in a box of junk.

Hacked a hole in the home hub case, and hot glued the fan on, why? because I'm lazy and it works.

Pictures:

Hole + heatsinks:

Completed and powered on

Yes it's dusty and ugly as all Hell I know but meh it's gonna be hidden out of the way so I wont see it.

This Router had a tendency to lock up/freeze from time to time so I hope this will fix that, I really need to buy some new networking hardware.

That's all for now, probably more waffle coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment