Google+

Translate

13 July 2014

Steam Client Fix Sound on Flash Videos Linux Arch / Manjaro

Hey hey nice quick fix for anyone having this irritating issue!

This was bugging me for a while, basically under Manjaro I was unable to get sound from the flash videos on the Steam store (within the Steam client) e.g. the preview videos on a game's store page.

Flash player was working elsewhere on the system as were the sounds in games and everywhere else

The Fix:

Arch / Manjaro

A 32bit package needs to be installed from the AUR which enables the 32bit flashplugin that the Steam client uses to output sound via pulse audio, the 64bit version of this package seems to be already installed for me but Steam client needs the 32bit one!


yaourt lib32-libflashsupport-pulse
 
 
Or install lib32-libflashsupport-pulse from your favourite AUR enabled package manager.



On other Distributions this package may have a different name or already be pre-installed.

You may need to restart steam, I’m not sure but I did anyway.

Sound in steam client flash videos should now be working, just make sure you click the unmute button!

Hope this helps someone, it was bugging me for a while although not enough to investigate further until today lol. But now I am Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment